Melanie and I just got back last night from New Orleans and is that one incredible town. We only had 3 days to see the sites, which is far too short to visit such a fun city, so we definitely want to go back. If you get a chance, we highly recommend you go visit New Orleans. Here’s what we did in our short visit…
- Check out the Mississippi river
- Take as Swamp and City/Katrina Tour
- Eat the incredible Louisana cuisine like Jambalaya, Seafood, Chocolate Pecan Pie, drink, and eat a Beniegt at the Cafe du Monde
- Go down Bourbon and Decatur streets
- View Jackson square and the St. Louis Cathedral
- Ride the St. Charles Trolley
- Walk around the French Quarters
- Check out the first day parades of Mardi Gras in Uptown
As mentioned in the last bullet item we managed to hit the first day for Mardi Gras and it was pretty crazy, I can’t imagine what the Fat Tuesday will be like.
I’ll be posting more pictures on our flickr site, so click the link below in the next couple of days and you should see some pretty good pictures, especially from our samp tour.